Historic Library Partnership
Our Partnership with the Library
From the earliest times, library services have been part of Hindman Settlement School’s community dedication. Libraries were part of the early camps that preceded the school, and a library was included as part of the school’s main building when it was first established. In 1924, the county library moved to a three-room facility located in downtown Hindman. All of that library’s equipment, including the bookshelves, were made at Hindman Settlement School.