Race for Reading
A VIRTUAL 5K FUN RUN/WALK FOR LITERACY AWARENESS
Hindman Settlement School, an advocate for progressive education and literacy for more than a century, invites you to participate in a virtual race event this November to raise awareness for literacy.
WHAT IS A VIRTUAL RACE?
A virtual race can be done at any location and at any time that you wish. You can walk, jog, cycle, skip or run the distance of your choice. You can complete your race at the gym on a treadmill, a practice run in town, or a leisurely stroll in the park. You can choose to complete your race during a single session or over multiple days.
WHY SHOULD I TAKE PART?
Participating in the Race for Reading helps bring awareness to the importance of literacy programs and the value of daily reading for children. Proceeds from the virtual race benefit Hindman Settlement School’s literacy programs, specifically scholarships for the Dyslexia Summer Tutoring Program. Plus, each participant will receive a virtual race bib and an exclusive Race for Reading medal engraved on slate (pictured right) to commemorate your accomplishment!
HOW DO I PARTICIPATE?
Anyone of any age can participate! Here’s what to do:
- Register online or call 606-785-5475.
- Space is limited…register today!
- Invite a friend or group to participate with you!
- Wear the official “I Booked It for Reading!” t-shirt, available for purchase separately.
- Complete your virtual race.
- No proof of completion is required, but we invite you to share your results with us and share pictures on social media (use #raceforreading) to spread the word!