Hindman Day at the Races
October 18, 2019
Hindman Settlement School invites you to join us for the 18th annual Hindman Day at the Races, presented by Forcht Bank, on October 18, 2019 during the Fall Meet at Keeneland Race Course in Lexington, Kentucky.
The day begins with the “Taste of Hindman” brunch in Keeneland’s historic Sales Pavilion featuring an array of bluegrass-inspired foods, live music, a silent auction, and a special presentation from James Beard Award Semi-Finalist Chef Ouita Michel and Commissioner of Agriculture Ryan Quarles. Following brunch, make your way trackside to one of several seating options for an afternoon of racing. Guests opting for tickets in the Lexington/Kentucky Room will be able to enjoy a full lunch buffet and table side service throughout the afternoon.
Thursday, October 17
7:00pm – Pre-Race Day Reception & Dinner
Friday, October 18
9:30am – “Taste of Hindman” Brunch at Keeneland Sales Pavilion
11:30am – Lexington/Kentucky Room opens
1:05pm – Call to Post & First Race – Racing continues throughout the afternoon!
- Window Seating – $150: SOLD OUT!
- General Seating – $125: SOLD OUT! Email email@example.com to be added to our waiting list!
- Grandstand Seating – $40: Includes a reserved seat in the covered grandstand, “Taste of Hindman” brunch, racing program, and reserved parking.
- Brunch Only – $25: Includes admission to the “Taste of Hindman” brunch. (Note: The brunch is included with all other ticket options.)
- For guests visiting from out of the area, we have arranged a block of rooms for Thursday, October 17 and Friday, October 18 at the Origin Hotel Lexington, located at The Summit at Fritz Farm. A special room rate of $149 per night has been secured. Self-parking and wireless internet is complimentary. To make your reservation, click here or call (859) 245-0400 and mention group code “HSS.”
- The buffet lunch is available in the Lexington/Kentucky Room from 11:30am to 3:00pm.
- Seating in the Lexington/Kentucky Room is 4 per table. Tables may not be joined.
- Guests in the Lexington/Kentucky Room must adhere to Keeneland’s dress code. For gentlemen, a suit or sport coat, dress slacks, dress shirt with collar and tie, and dress shoes is required. For ladies, clothing of comparable formality to gentlemen, including but not limited to skirts, dresses, tailored pantsuit or dress slacks is required. Denim, slacks designed to resemble jeans, shorts (including rompers), athletic attire, and revealing attire is not permitted.
- Guests in the Lexington/Kentucky Room must arrive by 1:15 p.m. or Keeneland reserves the right to re-sell the table and invalidate the tickets.